The Foundation is looking for a proactive and dynamic young candidate, with good organizational, relational skills and an inclination for team-work, strongly motivated to work on innovative projects featuring strong technological components.
We can offer an important training opportunity to experiment the application of Complexity Science approaches in the study of individual and collective behaviour. The candidate will be analysing large online communication and human mobility datasets. The final goal of the internship is the identification of emerging social effects in the data, the statistical characterization of these phenomena, and, when possible, their modelling.
- Ongoing Academic background in data-oriented fields (e.g. Physics, Math, Data Science, Computer Science, Computational Social Science, …);
- Good Knowledge of either Python or R;
- Optional, but appreciated knowledge about Network Theory, Data Mining, Databases, Data Visualization, Statistical Analysis, Stochastic Modelling, or Agent-Based Modelling;
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Curricular internship (no allowance);
- 3-6 months, depending on candidate’s needs and preparation;
- Support for the search for accommodation at the affiliated structures.
The internship may be useful to complete the master thesis.
All interested parties are requested to fill in the online form, clicking on "Apply online", and attach the required documents in Pdfs format:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Cover letter.
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive. Preferred period: before summer 2022.
For any information, contact Riccardo Gallotti (email@example.com).
For any support, further clarification and/or information, the Human Resources Department will remain available via the address: firstname.lastname@example.org