The Foundation is looking for a proactive and dynamic young candidate with good organizational and relational skills and an inclination for teamwork, strongly motivated to work on innovative projects featuring strong technological components.
We can offer an important training opportunity to experiment with cutting-edge Internet of Things (IoT) technology: device design and prototyping, sensor integration and testing, and End-2-End sensing and actuation IoT applications in outdoor environments. From a software-engineering perspective, long-range, outdoor IoT applications present inherent challenges as they have specific life cycles and introduce unique constraints and characteristics. However, despite the growing adoption of IoT technology, the integration and interoperability of battery-powered IoT devices with existing cloud platforms is not a given. Therefore, the OpenioT research group proposes developing generic and easy-to-use interfaces supporting various platforms and outdoor long-range communication technologies (e.g., WiFi, LoRa/LoRaWAN, NB-IoT).
The final goal of the internship is
- The analysis of the state-of-the-art libraries and tools for developing End-2-End IoT applications.
- The review of open-source frameworks and libraries for developing End-2-End IoT applications.
- The design, in rapid prototyping mode, of End-2-End IoT applications for outdoor scenarios (eg. smart agriculture, structural monitoring).
- The evaluation and testing of different communication technologies and IoT boards.
- Ongoing Academic background in science and engineering fields (e.g., industrial automation, artificial intelligence, computer science, computer engineering)
- Knowledge of IoT protocols (e.g., MQTT; WebSockets) and platforms (e.g., esp32, ST, Atmel)
- Experience with distributed version control systems (git)
- Experience in IoT application development
- Motivation in the development of research activities.
- Curricular internship (no allowance);
- 3-6 months, depending on the candidate's needs and preparation;
- Support for the search for accommodation at the affiliated structures;
The internship may be useful to complete the master's thesis.
All interested parties are requested to fill in the online form, clicking on "Apply online", and attach the required documents in Pdfs format:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Cover letter.
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive. Preferred period: at the earliest possible.
For any information, contact Massimo Vecchio (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For any support, further clarification and/or information, the Human Resources Department will remain available via the address: email@example.com