NEST - Affiliato Spoke 9
PNRR - Missione 4: Istruzione e Ricerca
Componente 2: Dalla ricerca all'impresa
Investimento 1.3, finanziato dall’Unione Europea - Next Generation EU
Progetto PE0000021 – Area Tematica: Scenari energetici del futuro
Avviso MUR 341 del 15/03/2022
Responsabile del Procedimento: Alessandro Dalla Torre
Within Piano Nazionale di Ripresa e Resilienza (PNRR) initiative FBK is looking for a researcher in the field of Materials science and technology
FBK is a research institution devoted to excellence in research in numerous disciplines and designated to the role of keeping the Autonomous Province of Trento in the mainstream of European and international research. Each research area is assigned to a specific research Centre, of which there are eleven totals. Information regarding the research Centers, their activities and production are available at http://www.fbk.eu/research-centers.
The Centre on Sustainable Energy (SE) supports the development of devices and methods for generation, storage, and distribution of energy solutions at low environmental impact. This will be done in the perspective of energy sustainability, of systems and solutions that respect the environment and the quality of life, of solutions with a lower impact on health and on environmental pollution levels. The ground for the Centre on “Sustainable Energy” is based on the Decarbonization targets, which will demand for more flexibility of the energy system, through new gas and power grids and using energy vectors and storage solutions, as enablers for the wide penetration of renewables.
Background information and description of research projects
This position is offered within Piano Nazionale di Ripresa e Resilienza (PNRR) initiative, HUB - NETWORK 4 ENERGY SUSTAINABLE TRANSITION - NEST (PNRR PE_00000021 Spoke 9: Energy sustainable advanced materials) within which FBK is involved in the activities of Work Package WP9.2 “ Efficient preparation of sustainable materials”. The mission of the Work Package is the development of green protocols and preparation strategies to increase the sustainability and reduce the environmental impact of materials.
FBK-SE is involved in a recently funded project related to Energy Sustainable Advanced Materials, in the frame of the Extended Partnership PE2 – The Energy Scenarios of the Future of the PNRR plan in Italy. In particular FBK is supporting the green preparation protocols and materials task for substitution of the critical raw materials, reduction of the synthetic steps, the energy consumption, the carbon footprint and the environmental impact.
The activity of FBK is catalyst nanoparticles synthesis by green and low environment impact methods based on plasma physical vapor deposition of nanomaterials in substitution of critical raw materials, for application in water electrolysis for hydrogen generation and the characterization of the materials with different analytical techniques like, and not only, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), Raman spectroscopy and EDS-SEM.
In this context, we are looking for a Researcher who will support the above-mentioned project with the following activities:
Within the Project “NEST”, the expected activities will be:
- conducting and optimizing low-pressure RF sputtering and other plasma-based processes;
- exploring new frontiers of sputtering for one-step, direct and scalable synthesis of nanoparticles;
- characterization of nanomaterials for size, shape, structure and colloidal stability;
- testing of the nanomaterials for the catalytic activity for oxygen and hydrogen evolution reactions during water electrolysis;
- optimizing the integration of the synthesized materials as catalyst in an electrolyzer.
The Ideal Candidate should have:
- MSc in Chemistry, Material Science, Physics, Chemical Engineering or other relevant degrees;
- PhD in plasma chemistry and engineering, catalysis, applied chemistry, materials science;
- Strong know-how in plasma deposition techniques;
- Know-how on chemistry/material science;
- Know how in nanomaterials characterization;
- Familiarity with material analysis (XPS, Auger spectroscopy spectroscopies, electron microscopies (SEM/TEM/AFM);
- Experience in electrochemical characterization;
- Experience in cell design for water electrolysis;
- Ability to write technical reports and scientific papers;
- Language assessment according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): level of knowledge required. Knowledge of English will be verified during the interview on a technical or scientific topic and must be equal to or exceed level B2. Definitions of levels can be found at the following link https://www.coe.int/en/web/common-european-framework-reference-languages/level-descriptions;
- Experience in working for research projects;
- Teamwork approach, good communication and relational skills.
Type of contract: fixed-term contract
Working hours: full-time (38 h per week)
Start date: March 2023
Duration: 24 months
Contract type: CCPL Research Foundation Personnel (https://trasparenza.fbk.eu/ita/Personale/Contrattazione-collettiva/Rinnovo-CCPL-delle-Fondazioni) the current gross annual remuneration is from about € 36.256 to € 41.475, depending on the background of the candidate.
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities and for research in accommodation, supplementary pension (Resaver, Laborfonds) and health fund (Sanifonds), family-work balance, free training courses, support on bank account opening, discount on public transport, sport, language course fees, counseling and psychological support service. More info at https://www.fbk.eu/en/work-with-us/
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by completing the online form (https://hr.fbk.eu/en/jobs). Please make sure that your application contains the following attachments (in pdf format):
- detailed CV;
- cover letter indicating why the candidate is suitable for this position.
Application deadline: 09th February 2023
Selection process and assessment criteria
The Evaluating Committee will be appointed by the HR Director at the end of the application deadline. The recruiting process will be handled in accordance with the “Gender and generational equal opportunities, as well as the employment inclusion of people with disabilities in public contracts financed with the resources of the PNRR and PNC” guidelines and with the Foundation's Gender Equality Plan. The Committee may compile the short-list of the candidates admitted to the interview, remotely or in presence. The short-list shall be compiled based on the requirements set out in the call (contained in the requirements of the job description), with the support of the screening of CVs and any other required documents. Candidates with a minimum score will be admitted to the interview phase. Shortlisted candidates must do at least one interview with the Committee. In case of specific need, the Selection Committee can also meet remotely, by teleconference or videoconference, provided that all members can be identified and that they are able to follow and intervene in the discussion, as well as to receive, transmit and view documents. During the evaluation step, evaluation support tools such as tests or questionnaires may be used. Furthermore, group tests and/or practical tests may be administered.
The recruitment process will be based on the total points obtained by the evaluation of the qualifications/ expertise and the evaluation of the interview.
A maximum of 40 points will be allocated for qualifications and expertise that the candidate expresses on the resume, while the interview will be worth up to 60 points. The interview scores will be assigned to candidates by the Commission according to the following criteria: the presentation of their personal research profile; the knowledge about the scientific domain, the experience in working for research projects and the language skills. Only candidates obtaining at least 25 points in the evaluation of the qualifications and the expertise will be admitted for the interview. The interview is considered as “passed” if the applicant obtains at least 45 points. The final score will be used to generate the final suitability list for each job position.
Results of the selection process
All candidates will be notified via email once the selection process has been completed. The suitability list may be used to fill the position in case the successful candidate doesn’t accept the job offer. At the website https://jobs.fbk.eu/ in the "Selection results" section, will be published the details of the selection process and the final results.
Diversity & Inclusion policy
FBK actively seeks diversity and promotes inclusion in the workplace. The main aims of the FBK Diversity & Inclusion policy are to:
- promote gender equality across the research domains and on all levels by encouraging qualified female candidates to apply for job positions and by implementing specific improvements and measures as stated in the Gender Equality Plan (GEP)
- foster young talents development by offering opportunities to grow
- become a disability-inclusive organization by encouraging applications from candidates with a disability (Law 68/99). We provide special assistance to applicants during the recruitment procedure and reasonable arrangements for disabled staff
- promote a healthy work-life balance by offering a package of flexible working arrangements and facilities (telework, individual working time, parental leave, etc).
The FBK operates in compliance with current legislation concerning fixed-term contracts. Candidates with disabilities are invited to state whether they belong to the categories referred to in Law 68/99, and to indicate this in the curriculum vita sent in application for recruitment.
Processing of personal data
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at email@example.com.