The Bruno Kessler Foundation (FBK) conducts research activities in Information Technology, Materials and Microsystems, Theoretical Physics, Mathematics, Italian-Germanic historical studies, Religious studies and International Relations. Through its network, it also develops research in the fields of international relationships, conflict causes and effects, European economic institutions, behavioral economics and evaluative assessment of public policies.
The Digital Industry Center is one of the Centers of the Bruno Kessler Foundation (FBK). It focuses its research on digital technologies for the various domains in industry (e.g., manufacturing, aerospace, railway, automotive, energy, agriculture, manufacturing) by creating applications for critical systems, adaptive and autonomous systems, advanced perception, diagnostics quality control and prediction systems. Further research areas include precision farming, robotics, metrology, cultural heritage (in particular 3D modeling) and geomatics.
The Software Engineering Research Unit (SE) aims at investigating two strategic areas of software development, for which the available technologies are largely unsatisfactory: (1) Requirements engineering; (2) Code analysis and testing. In the first area, the scientific challenges deal with the explicit representation of autonomic behaviors (e.g., those of self-adaptive systems), of the normative constraints and of requirements engineering for distributed software development. In the area of software testing, the challenge is to automate the generation of the test cases, the detection of faults, their localization in the code and the application of counter-measures. More information about the SE Unit is available at http://se.fbk.eu
The candidate will work in the scope of the projects of the SE unit, with the role of Developer. This role requires contributing to the design, development, integration, verification and testing of software components in the context of research and innovation projects, in collaboration with the researchers of the unit. The ideal candidate should be able to evaluate technology solutions for the exploitation of research results and to collaborate with researchers in selecting the most appropriate technological assets.
Typical tasks will include:
- Development, maintenance and evolution of existing software components and new software components
- Collaboration in the testing phase of software components according to the requirements of the standards of interest
- Analysis and evaluation of the quality and functioning of the software
The ideal candidate should have
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent degrees)
- Experience in software development, development tools and technologies (ECLIPSE, Git, Maven, Gradle)
- Programming background in one of the following languages: C/C++, Python, Java
- Oral and written proficiency in English
- Teamwork attitude
- Good communication and relational skills
- Master in Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent degrees)
- Knowledge in software testing processes and experiences with testing frameworks (e.g., JUnit)
- Participation in research projects / development projects
- Problem solving and planning skills
Type of contract: fixed term contract
Working hours: full time
Duration: 1 year
Start date: August 2021
Gross annual salary: about 26.520 €
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy).
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation etc., supplementary pension and health fund, training courses, public transport, sports facilities, language courses fees. Further details at www.welfarefbk.info.
Candidates are required to submit their applications by clicking on the "Apply online" button at the bottom of the call (published on https://jobs.fbk.eu/), filling in the online form and including the following attachments (.pdf format):
- detailed CV;
- letter of motivation.
Application deadline: on 3rd August 2021
Please read our Regulations on the recruitment and selection of fixed-term personnel (effective from October 15, 2018) before completing your application. For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.