FBK is a private research institute based in Trento (Italy) and operating in different scientific fields and disciplines. It has the aim of maintaining the Autonomous Province of Trento within the mainstream of international research. FBK is made up of seven centers with different research interests (www.fbk.eu /research-centers).
CREATE-NET’s center mission is built around three key points that determine the direction of its Research, Engineering and Innovation activities:
- Achieve Research excellence in ICT, with focus on telecommunications
- Promote technology transfer towards the industry through engineering of technologies & solutions
- Focus on key application areas and services with impact on quality of life for the global society
By creating synergies between leading academic institutions, research centers and ICT industry in Europe and around the world, CREATE-NET’s objective is to develop the highest quality research and innovation, while impacting communications-enabled services that improve the quality of life of the global society in focused application areas.
The Open Platforms and Enabling Technologies for the Internet of Things (OpenIoT) Research Unit focuses its activities on gaining leading knowledge on supporting and rapidly building innovative, standard-based and interoperable IoT-based solutions. The unit’s main competences cover enabling technologies for the IoT and developing cutting-edge tools, infrastructural solutions and related reference architectural models, at the device, edge and cloud levels. Such knowledge is complemented by hands-on competences also in a number of application domains and novel use cases, such as health, smart cities and industrial IoT applications.
More information about FBK-CREATE-NET is available at https://create-net.fbk.eu/
The purpose of FBK’s Tenure Track program is to offer high level professionals the opportunity of pursuing a structured career path in order to become tenured researchers and contribute to the long term strategy of the organization.
FBK-CN is looking for a Senior Researcher in the field of artificial intelligence and machine learning applied to the Internet of Things according to an edge computing paradigm.
The successful applicant has a strong publication record in the above-mentioned field and proven experience in managing research groups, coordinating their activities. The target research domain she/he will be involved in will be embedded artificial intelligence and machine learning for the effective deployment of novel, fully distributed, and trustless IoT applications.
The candidate is expected to:
- Coordinate the research and publication activities of less experienced researchers engaged in both research and development activities in the above-mentioned research fields;
- Contribute to the definition of the vision and roadmap of the Research Unit’s activity;
- Contribute to the sustainability of the Research Unit, by acquiring funding from both public and private sources;
- Contribute to project management activities of EU-funded and industrial projects;
- Establish and manage relationships with national and international industrial partners and stakeholders, and manage the interactions with the European Commission (when required);
- Contribute to the communication and dissemination activities of the Research Unit’s output, leading to the successful publication of high-quality scientific articles in international conferences and journals;
- Contribute to the identification and valorization of research outcomes through the design and development of proof-of-concepts and demonstrators to support technology transfer activities of the Research Unit.
The ideal candidate should have:
- PhD in Information Technology or related fields;
- 8 or more years of experience working in a team as a researcher (or equivalent) in the field of computational and artificial intelligence in the context of IoT;
- Relevant scientific publication record in the above described research domain;
- Proven experience as coordinator of EU-funded Research and Innovation projects;
- Experience in writing successful EU-funded research proposals.
- Proven experience in advising/mentoring undergraduate/graduate students and PhD, and coordinating the research and publication activities of less experienced researchers;
- Flexibility, ability to achieve goals in a rapidly changing environment;
- Team work attitude, good communication and relational skills;
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills (planning, scheduling, managing resources, meeting deadlines, work under pressure);
- Fluent in English and Italian (written and oral).
- Strong editorial activity for well-reputed international scientific journals publishing results in the target research domain.
Type of contract: Tenure Track contract, leading to an FBK 2nd Level Researcher (R2) permanent contract.
Duration: The maximum duration of the Tenure Track contract is up to 5 years (which may be reduced depending on the assessment by the Committee of the candidate’s capacities and skills). If the final assessment of the Tenure Track experience is positive, the selected candidate for the tenure track position will be offered a permanent R2 contract.
Gross annual salary: from € 50.397 to € 60.000 (plus objectives achievement bonus), depending on candidate’s profile.
Work hours: full time (38 h per week)
Start date: Early 2020
Workplace: Trento (Italy)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., training courses, reduced bank account opening fees, public transport, sports facilities, language courses fees. Further details at www.welfarefbk.info.
Candidates are required to submit their applications by filling in the webform available at https://jobs.fbk.eu/.
Please ensure that your application includes the following attachments (.pdf format):
- Detailed CV including a publications list
- Cover Letter (explaining your motivation for this specific position)
- Statement of research interests
- Two professional references (e-mails and/or phone numbers)
Application deadline: 28th of November 2019
Please read our Regulations “Guidelines for Tenure Track positions” and Tenure Track FAQ before completing your application.
For further information or technical issues regarding the application, please contact the Human Resources Service at email@example.com.