|FBK is a private research institute based in Trento (Italy) and operating in different scientific fields and disciplines. It has the aim of maintaining the Autonomous Province of Trento within the mainstream of international research. FBK is made up of six centers with different research interests (www.fbk.eu /research-centers).
The Center for Communication and Information Technology is an international research center that conducts high level research activities impacting both the market and society, providing practical demonstration of the added value of research through the development of systems, experimental validations, industrial applications, and social initiatives. These goals place FBK-ICT in a unique position in the international scientific arena, differing from universities, which are primarily devoted to theoretical development, and from applied research centers, which are mainly devoted to technology transfer.
More information about FBK-ICT is available at https://ict.fbk.eu/
The purpose of FBK’s Tenure Track program is to offer high level professionals the opportunity of pursuing a structured career path in order to become tenured researchers and contribute to the long-term strategy of the organization.
Within this framework, the center for information technology of FBK (FBK-ICT) is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated researcher in the field of Automated Planning and Scheduling (APS). Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, temporal and resource constraints, uncertainty, search heuristics, plan and domain validation, execution and monitoring, operation of adaptive systems, integration within autonomy architectures.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Conduct cutting-edge and high-impact research in the area of Automated Planning and Scheduling, working within the Embedded Systems unit and interacting closely with Ph.D. students and technologists;
- Lead the writing of journal articles and research reports, presenting them at the relevant scientific meetings and conferences;
- Contribute to FBK’s impact in the area of Digital Industry, and explore synergies with other areas targeted by FBK-ICT’s strategy;
- Contribute to define the strategic directions of FBK in the field of Automated Planning and Scheduling for adaptive and autonomous systems;
- Lead the development of a state of the art Automated Planning and Scheduling system;
- Establish a network of international collaborations in the area of Automated Planning and Scheduling.
- PhD in Software Engineering, Informatics or related fields;
- Solid track record in publishing and proven research experience in the field of Automated Planning and Scheduling;
- Proven experience in research and industrial projects;
- Excellent programming skills and experience in software design;
- Oral and written proficiency in English;
- Team work attitude, good communication and relational skills.
- Good network of collaborations with top worldwide universities and research centers;
- People management; in particular, experience in mentoring, advising or co-advising master and PhD students;
- Planning under time and/or resources constraints, and uncertainty;
- Management of research projects;
- Background in logics, SAT and SMT, formal methods.
Type of contract: Tenure Track contract, leading to an FBK 3rd Level Researcher (R3) permanent contract.
Duration: The maximum duration of the Tenure Track contract is up to 5 years (which may be reduced depending on the assessment by the Committee of the candidate’s capacities and skills). If the final assessment of the Tenure Track experience is positive, the selected candidate for the tenure track position will be offered a permanent R3 contract.
Gross annual salary: from € 39.500€ to €42.500 depending on candidate’s profile, plus objectives achievement bonus.
Work hours: full time (38 h per week)
Start date: September 2020
Workplace: Trento (Italy)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., training courses, public transport, sports facilities, language courses fees. Further details at www.welfarefbk.info.
Candidates are required to submit their applications by filling in the webform available at https://jobs.fbk.eu/.
Please ensure that your application includes the following attachments (.pdf format):
- Detailed CV including a publications list
- Cover Letter (explaining your motivation for this specific position)
- Statement of Research Interests
- A list of three professional references (e-mails and phone numbers)
Application deadline: 22nd June, 2020
Please read our Regulations “Guidelines for Tenure Track positions” and Tenure Track FAQ before completing your application.
For further information or technical issues regarding the application, please contact the Human Resources Service at email@example.com.