The Sustainable Energy (SE) Centre promotes the development of tools and methods for the creation, development storage and distribution of energy solutions with a low environmental impact. This approach is positioned within a perspective of eco-sustainable energy, of systems and solutions that respect the environment and quality of life, of solutions that have a lower impact on health and on environmental pollution at various levels. The mission of the Sustainable Energy Centre is based on Decarbonisation goals, which require a more flexible energy system with electricity and gas grids and through the use of energy carriers and storage solutions that enable the introduction of renewable energy on a large scale.
FBK actively supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is also committed to promoting gender equality.
The position sought is for an experienced technician to work in the Sustainable Energy Research Centre, supporting in particular the activities of the Battery Technologies area.
The candidate is characterized by a strong teamwork orientation and is able to manage process equipment independently, ensuring its operation and efficiency as well as coordinating ordinary and extraordinary maintenance operations. Furthermore, he/she verifies that the authorised users operate the equipment according to the foreseen procedures, providing the necessary support, including training. The dynamic and technologically innovative environment enhances and strengthens skills and creativity in solving technical and organisational challenges.
The candidate will also be responsible for selecting new equipment for the laboratory (cyclers, climatic chambers, glove boxes, chemical hoods, etc.) and for testing and commissioning them. Furthermore, supported by the research staff, he/she will be responsible for the construction of test benches, verifying compliance with functional and safety requirements.
Depending on the candidate's profile and aptitude, an evolution of the role towards technical manager or supervisor of one or more laboratories will be possible.
The work activity of the figure sought will be indicatively divided between the following tasks:
- selection and testing of new equipment (cyclers, climatic chambers, glove boxes, chemical hoods, etc.);
- management of laboratory experiments, in particular cell tests, and battery modules (Li-ion and flow batteries), also with climatic chamber;
- construction of new test beds for new storage technologies (e.g. flow batteries);
- ensure the maintenance and safe operation of laboratory equipment, including by supporting the training of new staff;
- occasionally support chemical laboratory activities related to the preparation of active material or battery cells.
The ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics:
- High school diploma in electrotechnical, chemistry or equivalent qualification or higher;
- A few years of relevant work experience
- Experience in performing tests with climatic chambers (e.g., accelerated ageing) or in performing safety tests of Li-ion batteries;
- Experience in the design, construction and maintenance of laboratory test benches;
- Familiarity with chemical laboratory activities;
- Result orientation, flexibility, autonomy and proactivity;
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team;
- Good knowledge of both spoken and written English.
Furthermore, the following elements will be positively evaluated:
- Experience in switchboard construction and power electronics interfacing;
- Degree electrotechnical, chemistry or related fields.
Type of contract: Fixed-term contract
Working hours: full time, 38 hours per week
Gross annual salary: indicatively from 27.800€ to 32.700€ based on the skills and experience of the identified profile
Start date: January 2024
Duration: 24 months. The contract may be extended for a further 24 months.
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation etc., supplementary pension and health fund, training courses, public transport, sports facilities, language courses fees. More info at https://www.fbk.eu/en/work-with-us/
Workplace: Trento - Rovereto (Italy)
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by completing the online form (https://jobs.fbk.eu/). Please make sure that your application contains the following attachments (in pdf format):
Application deadline 24 November 2023
New Application deadline 04 Dicember 2023
Please read the Guidelines for selections before applying.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at email@example.com
Candidates who will pass the preliminary curricula screening will be contacted shortly afterwards for an interview. Non selected applicants will be notified of their exclusion at the end of the selection process. Please note that FBK may contact shortlisted candidates within a period of 12 months for the selection process of similar vacancies. For transparency purposes, the name of the selected candidate, if he or she has accepted the position, will be published on the FBK website.