FBK opens a research position in the field of model-based system-software engineering and formal methods for space systems, to work in one or more of the following topics:
- development of formal verification techniques and their integration in model-based design environments
- formal methods to support the design, mission preparation and operations of space systems
- modeling and analysis of systems with continuous and hybrid dynamics
- contract-based design and safety assessment
- compositional reasoning
- model-based safety analysis
- system level diagnosis and diagnosability
- dependability and resilience with respect to run-time faults
- fault detection and isolation
- fault mitigation and fault propagation analysis
- modeling and analysis of complex fault patterns
- digital twins
- runtime verification
The activities will include:
- System-software engineering tools such as nuXmv, OCRA, xSAP, NuRV, COMPASS, COMPASTA and TASTE
- Training support, and document generation for technology transfer
The candidate is expected to work in collaboration with other researchers, programmers, and students involved in the ES Unit. Moreover, the candidate is expected to interact with industrial partners and partners of research projects.
FBK (Fondazione Bruno Kessler) is a private no-profit research institute located in Trento, Italy. It conducts research activities in Information Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Microelectronics and Humanities.
The FBK Center for Digital Industry focuses its research on digital technologies for the various domains in industry (e.g., aerospace, railway, automotive, energy, agriculture, manufacturing, etc.) by creating applications for critical systems, adaptive and autonomous systems, advanced perception, diagnostics and prediction systems. It is involved in multiple European research projects and collaborates with numerous institutions and multinational companies on strategic projects with a high innovation content – including the European Space Agency (ESA) and the Italian Railways Network (RFI).
The position is opened by the Formal Methods for System and Software Research Unit (FM Unit) of the Digital Industry Center of FBK. The FM Unit consists of about 35 people, including researchers, post-docs, PhD students, Master Students, and programmers. The Unit carries out basic and applied research, tool development and technology transfer in the field of formal methods and model-based design for complex embedded systems.
FBK actively seeks diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is also committed in promoting gender equality.
The ideal candidate should have:
- PhD in computer science, mathematics, or electronic engineering or equivalent 3-years research experience
- Software development skills (preferably in C, Python, Matlab, C++, Java)
- Ability to carry out an independent research program
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and deliver in research and/or industrial projects
- Accuracy, proactivity, and goal orientation
- Oral and written proficiency in English
In depth previous experience in at least one of the following areas is required:
- Model-based design
- Software engineering
- Satisfiability and constraint solving
- Model Checking or other formal verification techniques
- Model-Based Safety Assessment
- First-order logic and SMT solvers
- Formal analysis of hybrid systems
- Runtime verification
- Diagnosis and diagnosability
- Temporal Logics and Property Specification Languages
Type of contract: Fixed term contract
Working hours: Full time
Start date: January/February 2024
Duration: 2 years
Gross annual salary: about 41.400€
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation etc., supplementary pension and health found, training courses, public transport, sports facilities, language courses fees. Further details at https://www.fbk.eu/en/work-with-us/
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy)
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by completing the online form (https://jobs.fbk.eu/). Please make sure that your application contains the following attachments (in pdf format):
- Detailed CV
- Motivational letter
- 3 professional references (e-mails and/or phone numbers).
Application deadline 22 November 2023
New Application deadline 18 December 2023
Please read our Recruitment Regulations before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates who pass the preliminary curricular screening will be contacted shortly afterwards for an interview. Non-selected applicants will be notified of their exclusion at the end of the selection process.
Please note that FBK may contact shortlisted candidates within a period of 12 months, for the selection processes of similar vacancies.
For reasons of professional transparency, the name of the successful candidate and the names of suitable candidates will be published on the FBK website.