The Centre for Digital Society of FBK (https://digis.fbk.eu/) vision is that digital technology has a pervasive impact on our lives and is reshaping our society. The challenge is to ensure that digital technology becomes a stepping stone to create a more sustainable, inclusive and secure society.
Its mission is to perform advanced research and develop innovative digital technology to address key challenges of the future digital society. The center is composed by a multidisciplinary team of more than 100 researchers, technologists and managers (including PhD students) organized in 13 research units dedicated to specific research areas in the ICT domain and 2 support units focusing on project management and technology maturation.FBK has established the Project Management Group to assist its research units with all of their project management needs. The PMG works across research units and administrative offices assisting and managing local, national and European projects and providing guidance and support to maximize efficiency, optimize results and reduce costs. The purpose of the PMG is to provide a unified approach for defining, managing, reporting and supporting the project management practices for the Digital Society research units. The goal of the PMG is to build and maintain transparent, predictable, and repeatable project management processes to collaborate with researchers.
More information about the Project Management Group is available at http://pmg.fbk.eu
The candidate will work in the scope of the projects of the PMG as a Project Manager. The role requires working in collaboration with the other members of the PMG and ICT researchers to manage all the phases of the project lifecycle: project initiation, project execution, project monitoring and controlling and project closing. Project acquisition will play major role, with a significant amount of time spent finding new project opportunities, writing proposals and building consortia.
Typical tasks will include:
- Technical and administrative management of research projects, innovation projects and internal projects.
- Managing relations with local and international stakeholder within the scope of PMG research and innovation projects.
- Supporting FBK participation in research and innovation programmes: analysis of the calls, identification of opportunities for FBK, support in consortium building, support in proposal preparation.
- Examples of typical funding programmes for FBK include: Horizon Europe, Interreg, REC programme, ISFP programme, AMIF programme, EIT-Digital KIC, EIT-Climate KIC, UIA, FESR, Legge 6
The ideal candidate should have:
- M.Sc. (or equivalent degrees) title in Engineering, Computer Science or related subjects, awarded by an Italian university or a title obtained abroad which has been recognized as equivalent to the Italian degree.
- Experience in managing large collaborative projects with multiple partners, preferably in the areas of Smart Cities and Communities, e-Government, Digital Transformation, Green Deal;
- Practical experience and knowledge of project management required in all major knowledge areas like: Business case management; Planning and control; Project closure and handover; Project review/evaluation; Risk management; Quality management; Change Management; Stakeholder Management; etc…
- Good practical knowledge of the European funding & tender portal and of the rules, regulation and administrative procedures needed in managing large European projects.
- Experience in a management position in at least 2 EU-funded international projects (e.g. in H2020, REC, AMIF, ISFP, UIA, Alpine Space, Central Europe, etc…);
- Experience in writing research proposals with a focus on EU funded programmes.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Italian language (C1+).
- Soft skills: communication skills (presenting, persuading and influencing), organizational and problem solving skills (planning, scheduling, managing resources, meeting deadlines), Flexibility, ability to achieve goals in a rapidly changing environment
- A PhD title awarded by an Italian or foreign university, or an equivalent research experience.
- A background in research and a good knowledge of the research process.
- PMP certification awarded by the Project Management Institute.
- Experience in working within Digital transformation projects for public bodies.
Type of contract: fixed-term contract (full time).
Gross salary: about € 26.500 - € 34.500 depending on background and expertise in the field. Each year, based on the resources available to the Foundation, and according to the methods, criteria and procedures in force, a performance bonus may be granted.
Start date: May 2021 (due to the Covid-19 emergency situation and in agreement with the Director of FBK DIGIS, the opportunity to start the activity remotely will be considered).
Duration: 24 months with possibility of extension.
Work Location: Povo, Trento.
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, supplementary pension and health found, training courses, , public transportation, sport facilities, language course fees. More info at https://www.welfarefbk.info/.
Candidates are requested to submit their application through the online form by clicking on “Apply now” at the bottom of this page. Please make sure that your application contains:
- detailed CV including relevant past experiences (as an attached document in PDF format);
- cover Letter (explaining your motivation for this specific position).
Application Deadline: 15th of March 2021
Please read our Regulations on the recruitment and selection of fixed-term personnel (effective from October 15, 2018) before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at email@example.com.