The work takes place within FBK's Publishing Division, which enhances the results of the scientific work conducted by internal and external research staff through the creation of printed and digital publications, in multiple languages. The editorial team takes care of the entire editing process, including the translation or linguistic revision of texts in languages other than Italian, where required. The final products are intended both for the international scientific community through editorial series disseminated by authoritative external publishers, and for a broader public, not necessarily specialized nor academic, through the FBK Press brand. Particular attention is paid to multimedia editorial communication aimed at the younger generations.
More information on the Publishing division is available at: https://books.fbk.eu/
In this context, we are looking for a professional editor who will contribute to work connected to the formatting and editing of texts according to the drafting rules, as well as the translation from Italian into English and/or German of predominantly historiographical and philosophical-theological texts.
By way of example and not limited to, the professional figure will have to deal with translations into English (and possibly into German) and/or linguistic revision of publications, websites, presentations, etc.; will be involved in the editing of texts; in relations with external publishers; and will contribute to the creation and enhancement of FBK's multi-channel publishing outputs.
In carrying out this activity, the person sought will have to interact with multiple actors, both internal and external to the Foundation, involved, in various capacities, in the editorial process.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualities:
- Master's/specialist degree in humanities or equivalent qualification (for example and not limited to: Literature/Foreign Languages/Philosophy/History/School of Translation-Interpreters)
- Qualified professional experience in public or private publishing organizations for a period of not less than three years
- Proven traditional and digital editing expertise
- Proven experience in the translation of scientific texts in the field of historical and philosophical-theological studies
- Computer skills in technical editing (Word, Excel, Indesign etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken Italian
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good performance and productivity skills (autonomy, proactivity, time management, problem solving)
- Good interpersonal skills
Preferred qualities will include:
- Good written and spoken German
- Experience in multi-channel publishing projects
- Computer skills in website management
Type of contract: fixed-term contract
Working hours: part-time 30h per week (horizontal)
Gross annual salary over 14 months: approximately € 24,670
Start date: September 2021
Contract duration: 17 months
Place of work: Trento
Benefits: flexible hours, subsidized corporate cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal parking, training courses, discounted public transportation and sports passes, support for temporary accommodation at affiliated facilities, supplementary pension plan and supplementary health plan. For more details please see https://www.fbk.eu/en/work-with-us/ .
FBK promotes diversity and inclusion at work and supports gender equity.
To apply, please visit the website https://jobs.fbk.eu/ and fill in the dedicated webform, attaching the required documentation in .pdf format:
- letter of motivation outlining the reasons for applying for the position (max 3,000 characters, in English)
- any certificates attesting to the knowledge/skills listed
The deadline for the application is June 21, 2021
Before submitting your application, you must read the Selection Regulations.
For more details, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com