FBK is a private research institute devoted to excellence in research in numerous disciplines and designated the role of maintaining the Autonomous Province of Trento within the mainstream of European and international research. Seven distinct research areas are each assigned to a specific research center. Information regarding the research centers, their activities and production is available at http://www.fbk.eu/research-centers.
CREATE-NET (Center for REsearch And Telecommunication Experimentation for NETworked communities) has the objective of combining high-level research in the computer networks and telecommunications sectors with innovative experimental field work. One of CREATE-NET’s main goal is to continue increasing the internal focus on research & innovation, leveraging on the developed know-how to stimulate the transfer of new technologies to the market.
More information about the Center is available at http://create-net.fbk.eu/
The Wireless and Networked Systems (WiN) research unit at CREATE-NET is seeking a Senior Researcher to advance the group vision on 5G systems. The successful applicant will contribute to the 5G Initiatives at CREATE-NET and will be responsible for carrying outstanding research in the areas of 5G for Connected, Cooperative, and Automated Mobility, Network Orchestration and Virtualization, Mobile Edge Computing, and Self-Organizing Networks.
In addition to a strong publication record in the mobile networking field, the successful applicant will be required to have deep knowledge of mobile communications networking with a specific focus on experimentally driven research and intelligent self-organizing networks.
- Perform research on 5G for Connected, Cooperative, and Automated Mobility, network orchestration and virtualization, mobile edge computing, and Self-Organizing Networks;
- Synthesizing wireless systems combining novel design elements in hardware and software;
- Drive the research of younger research fellows, including co-advising Ph.D. students;
- Drive the unit efforts on the acquisition of new funding (mainly EU);
- Supervise existing research and industrial projects.
The Ideal Candidate should have
- PhD Degree or equivalent, in Computer/Network Engineering, Computer Science;
- Evidence of experience in the preparation and management of European Projects;
- Evidence of supervision of PhD and Master students;
- Research experience/track record in the field of SDN/NFV and Mobile Edge Computing for 5G networks;
- Experience and working knowledge in cellular communication technologies (3GPP/ETSI); including communication protocols and systems analysis;
- Time management, planning, and development skills;
- Accuracy, flexibility, proactivity, and goal orientation;
- Teamwork approach, good communication and relational skills;
- Fluent in English (both written and oral).
- Experience in proposing new research lines and driving the research activity of younger research fellows, including co-advising Ph.D. students;
- Experience as coordinator of EU-funded Research and Innovation projects, or as Principal Investigator of industry-funded projects
- Strong reputation in the specific research field to enhance the international network di un senior researcher
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Work hours: full time
Start date: February 2019
Duration contract: 24 months
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., free training courses, reduced bank account opening fees, public transport, sports facilities, accommodation, and language course fees. More info at https://www.welfarefbk.info/.
Candidates are required to submit their applications by clicking on the "Apply online" button at the bottom of the call (published on https://jobs.fbk.eu/), filling in the online form and including the following attachments (.pdf format):
- Detailed CV, including a list of the 5 more relevant publications (published) and the names of three referees
- Cover Letter indicating why the candidate is suitable for this position.
- Research Statement explaining which research lines the candidate plans to pursue and how they will be implemented (funding, etc.)
This position is subject to budget approval.
New application deadline: 7th February, 2019
Please read our Regulations on the recruitment and selection of fixed-term personnel (effective from October 15, 2018) before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at email@example.com.
Candidates who pass the preliminary curricula screening will be contacted shortly afterwards for an interview. Non selected applicants will be notified of their exclusion at the end of the selection process.
Please note that FBK may contact shortlisted candidates within a period of 12 months, for the selection processes of similar vacancies.
For reasons of professional transparency, the name of the successful candidate and the names of suitable candidates will be published on the FBK website following acceptance of the position.