Fondazione Bruno Kessler - FBK has an opening for a researcher position in Model-Based Design (MBD) of Complex Safety-Critical Systems. The expected activities include the development of model-based design techniques, their integration with formal methods for the verification and validation of safety-related requirements; modeling and analysis of specific cyber-physical systems in case studies provided by industrial partners; software development, training support, and document generation for technology transfer.
The ideal candidate should have:
- PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or Electronic Engineering or equivalent 3-years research experience
- Software and development skills
- Knowledge in MBD and formal methods
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and deliver in research and/or industrial projects
- Accuracy, flexibility, proactivity, and goal orientation attitude
- Oral and written proficiency in English
- Java programming skills
- Eclipse plugins programming skills
- Knowledge and experience in programming tool integration
- Background in mathematical logic
- Experience in modeling and formal analysis of Cyber-Physical Systems
- Experience in formal safety assessment
FBK is a private research institution based in Trento (Italy) and operating in different scientific fields and disciplines. As such, it has the role of keeping the Autonomous Province of Trento within the mainstream of international research. FBK is made up of six research centers, whose activities and production are available at http://www.fbk.eu/research-centers.
The position is opened by the Embedded Systems Research Unit (ES Unit) of the Information and Communication Technology Center of FBK (FBK-ICT). The ES Unit consists of about 30 people, including researchers, post-docs, PhD students, Master Students, and programmers. The Unit carries out basic and applied research, tool development and technology transfer in the field of formal methods and model-based design for complex embedded systems.
Projects related to the call
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract (research profile R3 CCPL)
Gross annual salary: about 39.500 €
Working hours: full time
Start date: preferably in June 2020 (due to the emergency situation Covid-19, the opportunity to start the activities remotely and to postpone the arrival to Trento will be considered)
Duration: 24 Months
Workplace: Povo (TN)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, public transportation, sport, language course fees, smart-working.
Candidates are required to submit their application by clicking on “Apply Online” at the bottom of
this page (https://jobs.fbk.eu/). Please make sure to enclose the following documents with your application (.pdf format):
- Detailed CV
- Cover Letter (explaining your motivation for this specific position)
- 3 professional references (e-mails and/or phone numbers)
Application deadline: 9th April 2020
Read more on https://www.fbk.eu/en/initiative/menoviruspiuconoscenza/
Please read our Regulations on the recruitment and selection of fixed-term personnel (effective from October 15, 2018) before completing your application.
For further administrative information, please contact the Human Resources Services at email@example.com