FBK is a private research institute devoted to excellence in research in numerous disciplines and designated the role of maintaining the Autonomous Province of Trento within the mainstream of European and international research. Seven distinct research areas are each assigned to a specific research center. Information regarding the research centers, their activities and production is available at http://www.fbk.eu/research-centers.
CREATE-NET (Center for REsearch And Telecommunication Experimentation for NETworked communities) has the objective of combining high-level research in the computer networks and telecommunications sectors with innovative experimental field work. One of CREATE-NET’s main goal is to continue increasing the internal focus on research & innovation, leveraging on the developed know-how to stimulate the transfer of new technologies to the market.
More information about the Center is available at http://create-net.fbk.eu/
The Wireless and Networked Systems (WiN) research unit at CREATE-NET is seeking a Researcher to advance the group vision on 5G systems. The successful applicant will contribute to the 5G Initiatives at CREATE-NET and will be responsible for carrying outstanding research in the areas of 5G for Connected, Cooperative, and Automated Mobility, Network Orchestration and Virtualization, Mobile Edge Computing, and Self-Organizing Networks.
In addition to a good publication record in the mobile networking field, the successful applicant will be required to have deep knowledge of mobile communications networking with a specific focus on experimentally driven research and intelligent self-organizing networks.
- Perform research on 5G for Connected, Cooperative, and Automated Mobility, network orchestration and virtualization, mobile edge computing, and Self-Organizing Networks;
- Synthesizing wireless systems combining novel design elements in hardware and software;
- Support the unit in the acquisition of new funding;
- Support the unit in the execution of existing research and industrial projects.
The Ideal Candidate should have
- PhD Degree or equivalent, in Computer/Network Engineering, Computer Science;
- Research experience/track record in the field of SDN/NFV and Mobile Edge Computing for 5G networks;
- Experience and working knowledge in cellular communication technologies (3GPP/ETSI); including communication protocols and systems analysis;
- Time management, planning, and development skills;
- Accuracy, flexibility, proactivity, and goal orientation;
- Teamwork approach, good communication and relational skills
- Experience on Artificial Intelligence / Machine learning;
- Software development experience with the following languages: C/C++, Python;
- Linux system administration skills.
- Experience with the Click Modular Router;
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Work hours: full time
Gross annual salary: about 39.300 €
Start date: February 2019
Duration contract: 24 months
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., free training courses, reduced bank account opening fees, public transport, sports facilities, accommodation, and language course fees.
Candidates are required to submit their applications by clicking on the "Apply online" button at the bottom of the specific call (published on https://jobs.fbk.eu/), filling in the online form and including the following attachments (.pdf format):
- Detailed CV, including a list of the 5 more relevant publications (published) and the names of three referees
- Cover Letter indicating why the candidate is suitable for this position.
- Research Statement explaining which research lines the candidate plans to pursue and how they will be implemented (funding, etc.)
This position is subject to budget approval.
New Application deadline: 7th February, 2019
Please read our Regulations on the recruitment and selection of fixed-term personnel (effective from October 15, 2018) before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at email@example.com.
Candidates who pass the preliminary curricula screening will be contacted shortly afterwards for an interview. Non selected applicants will be notified of their exclusion at the end of the selection process.
Please note that FBK may contact shortlisted candidates within a period of 12 months, for the selection processes of similar vacancies.
For reasons of professional transparency, the name of the successful candidate and the names of suitable candidates will be published on the FBK website following acceptance of the position.