The Center for Religious Studies focuses on the role of religion (communities, practices, beliefs, institutions and other religious actors) in contemporary processes of societal change and innovation triggered by digitalisation, migration, increasing cultural diversity, belief polarisation and disagreement.
FBK actively seeks diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is also committed in promoting gender equality.
The successful candidate will join the research team at FBK-ISR and its regular activities contributing to the development of national and international research projects and to the proposal writing of new funding applications. In addition to contributing to the multiple activities of the Centre, the candidate will engage in disseminating the research activities and outputs of the Centre targeting stakeholders in the Trento area.
The candidate is expected to:
- Contribute to the interdisciplinary, theoretical and empirical research programme promoted by ISR concerning religious and spiritual spaces and multi-faith places, with a focus on the technological dimension;
- adopt a combined perspective related to religious sciences and digital humanities for the study of spaces and architectures for worship, spirituality and interreligious encounter
- analyze case studies as physical spaces and/or online solutions enhanced by the possibilities offered by the new technologies of augmented reality and artificial intelligence;
- engage in the production and dissemination of significant outputs (models, publications, etc.);
- create or strengthen scientific networks and collaborations with civil society at national and international level.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Master’s degree in the field of humanities, arts, architectures, social and religious studies
- knowledge in the field of digital humanities and religious studies applied to the analysis of religious sites and virtual reality;
- specific competences and skills in 3D modeling of religious environments;
- PhD in the field of humanities with a focus on the spatial and material dimensions of religious architectures, sites and places is a plus;
- full proficiency in spoken and written English;
- experience in interdisciplinary team working;
- participation in international, externally funded research projects.
Type of contract: fixed term contract – part time 66%
Start date: preferably from March 2023
End date: July 2024
Annual gross salary proportionate to the proposed part-time schedule: about € 23.900
Workplace: Via Santa Croce - Trento
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation etc., supplementary pension and health found, training courses, public transport, sports facilities, language courses fees. Further details at https://www.fbk.eu/en/work-with-us/
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by completing the online form (https://jobs.fbk.eu/). Please make sure that your application contains the following attachments (in pdf format):
- Detailed CV
- Motivation letter
- Email address contact for two referees
Application deadline: 13 February 2023
Please read our Recruitment Regulations before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates who pass the preliminary curricular screening will be contacted shortly afterwards for an interview. Non-selected applicants will be notified of their exclusion at the end of the selection process.
Please note that FBK may contact shortlisted candidates within a period of 12 months, for the selection processes of similar vacancies. For reasons of professional transparency, the name of the successful candidate and the names of suitable candidates will be published on the FBK website.