The position is opened by the Embedded Systems Research Unit (ES Unit) of the Digital Industry Center of FBK. The ES Unit consists of about 30 people, including researchers, post-docs, PhD students, Master Students, and programmers. The Unit carries out basic and applied research, tool development and technology transfer in the field of formal methods and model-based design for complex embedded systems.
FBK actively seeks diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is also committed in promoting gender equality.
The open research position is in the field formal verification of complex control systems. The expected activities include the development of formal verification techniques and their integration in model-based design environments; model checking of control systems and their interaction with hybrid models of the physical plants; contract-based compositional reasoning; model-based safety analysis, fault detection and diagnosis; software development for tools such as nuXmv, OCRA, xSAP, Kratos, COMPASS, and TASTE; training support, and document generation for technology transfer.
The candidate is expected to work in collaboration with other researchers, programmers, and students involved in the unit. Moreover, the candidate is expected also to interact with industrial partners and partners of research projects.
The ideal candidate should have:
- PhD in computer science, mathematics or electronic engineering;
- Software development skills (preferably in C, Python, Matlab, C++/Java);
- Ability to carry out an independent research program;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and deliver in research and/or industrial projects;
- Accuracy, proactivity and goal orientation;
- Oral and written proficiency in English.
In depth previous experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Model Checking or other formal verification techniques
- First-order logic and SMT solvers
- Formal analysis of hybrid systems
- Temporal Logics and Property Specification Languages
- Formal Specification and Analysis of Architectures
Type of contract: Fixed term contract
Working hours: full time
Start date: June 2021
Duration: 2 years
Gross annual salary: about 39.500 €
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy).
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation etc., supplementary pension and health found, training courses, public transport, sports facilities, language courses fees. Further details at www.welfarefbk.info.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by clicking on "Apply online" in the end of this page. Please make sure that your application contains the following attachments (in pdf format):
- Detailed CV;
- Motivational letter;
- 3 professional references (e-mails and/or phone numbers).
Application deadline: 21st April, 2021
New application deadline: 30th April, 2021
Please read our Recruitment Regulations before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at email@example.com.