The 3DOM research unit of the Bruno Kessler Foundation of Trento (Italy) is part of the newly established Digital Industry Center.
3DOM deals with metrology and geomatics research issues, developing innovative methodologies using data coming from terrestrial, UAV, aerial and satellite photogrammetry as well as triangulation and time-of-flight active sensors. More information about the 3DOM unit is available at http://3dom.fbk.eu.
3DOM is looking for a post-doc researcher with good experience and knowledge in industrial metrology, photogrammetry and machine vision. The successful candidate will conduct research in collaboration with companies and in the field of quality control, with particular attention to the inspection and digital reconstruction of non-collaborative / texture-less surfaces.
The candidate will work on the development, implementation and evaluation of 3D routines, based on photogrammetric and Artificial Intelligence methods, for the inspection and quality control of industrial objects. The candidate is expected to perform explorative and scientific engineering tasks on images and 3D data, including software development.
The ideal candidate should have:
- PhD in Geomatics, Informatics, Computer Science or related fields;
- Proved experience in industrial metrology and machine vision;
- Skills in programming and developing (C/C++, Phyton, Java, C#);
- Knowledge in machine/deep learning methods;
- Experience in research institutes or R&D-oriented companies;
- Oral and written proficiency in English;
- Ability to work in a collaborative and international research environment and at interdisciplinary level;
- Self-motivation and ability to complete tasks systematically;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Knowledge in 3D geometry, graphics and mathematics;
- Scientific publications in international conferences and journals;
Type of contract: Fixed term contract
Work hours: full time
Gross annual salary: about € 39.500
Start date: April, 2021
Duration: 2 years (the contract may be extended upon availability of further funding and where it is consistent with the Foundation’s policies).
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation etc., supplementary pension and health found, training courses, public transport, sports facilities, language courses fees.
More info at https://www.welfarefbk.info/
Candidates are required to submit their applications by clicking on the bottom "Apply online" in the end of this page.
Please make sure to include the following attachments (.pdf format):
- detailed CV (with clear specifications of fulfillment of job requirements, past experiences and R&D activities)
- letter of motivation
- reference letter(s)
Application deadline: 25 January, 2021
New Application deadline: 1 February, 2021
Please read our Recruitment Regulations before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at email@example.com