FBK is a private research institute based in Trento (Italy) and operating in different scientific fields and disciplines. It has the aim of maintaining the Autonomous Province of Trento within the mainstream of international research. FBK is made up of seven centers with different research interests (www.fbk.eu /research-centers).
FBK’s overarching goal for 2019-2027 is to research and test a model of Artificial Intelligence (AI) which does not replace human beings, but rather collaborates with them. The focus of its research and action is thus on scientific and technological innovation, as well as social and cultural innovation.
As illustrated in the booklet at https://isr.fbk.eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Booklet_ISR_eng.pdf, the Center for Religious Studies (FBK-ISR) is a non-faith based institution with over 40 years’ experience in innovative, international, and interdisciplinary research on religion, religions, belief and spirituality. The mission of the Center is to contribute to a fruitful interaction of religion and innovation as explained in the position paper at https://isr.fbk.eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Position-Paper.pdf. In line with FBK, the Center is committed to collaborative, competitive, impact-driven and project-based research and action. Activities at the Center are therefore based on principles of team work, coordination and resource planning, with a strong focus on external funding for sustainability.
The candidate is expected to:
- Assume duties and responsibilities appropriate to the appointment as may be assigned to him/her by the Director of the Center in view of the development of the mission and the strategic plan of the Center.
- Actively contribute to the life of the Center in all its aspects, in particular to the interaction with other centers and units in FBK.
- Contribute to the preparation of applications for competitive national and international calls in research and action.
- Be physically present at the Center during working hours.
- Be ready to travel and work wherever needed.
The ideal candidate should have:
- University Master Degree in a pertinent area and topic (degrees in economics, finance, psychology, science and technology included)
- Experience, skills and interest in research and action-research
- Experience, skills and interest in quantitative research
- Experience, skills and interest in project applications and fundraising
- Experience, skills and interest in working on Artificial Intelligence and Information and Communication Technology, and in particular interest in working with other centers at FBK and in particular with the Center on Information and Communication Technology
- Teamwork attitude, proactivity as well as organizational skills, ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment
- Strong working knowledge of English (certified level or proven experience in English speaking countries) and Italian
- Excellent skills in communication
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract, 4th Researcher profile CCPL
Work hours: full time: 38h per week
Gross annual salary: About € 34.000, a performance bonus may be granted, based on the resources available to the Foundation, and according to the methods, criteria and procedures in force within the Centre.
Start date: February 2020
Duration: 12 Months, with possibility of extensions depending on fundings and performance
Workplace: Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Center for Religious Studies, Via Santa Croce 77, Trento (Italy), and/or Via Sommarive 18, Povo (TN) (Italy). Presence is required from Monday to Friday included, on site in Trento
Benefits: company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, reduced public transport, sports facilities, and language course fees. More info at https://www.welfarefbk.info/
Candidates are required to submit their applications by filling in the online form at https://hr.fbk.eu/en/jobs. The application should include the following attachments (.pdf format):
- Detailed CV including a publications list
- Letter of motivation
- E-mail and phone number of two experts ready to write a reference letter
Application deadline: 12th of December
Please read the Guidelines for selections before applying.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at firstname.lastname@example.org