The Digital Society Center of FBK (DigiS – https://digis.fbk.eu/) is a multidisciplinary group of 100+ researchers and technologists working in different areas related to sustainability and quality of life. DigiS embraces the vision that ICT has the potential to be a key transformational technology to improve sustainability and quality of life. In DigiS, this goal is achieved both by performing advanced research in key areas such as AI, Big Data, IoT, 5G, and by exploiting living labs and partnerships with companies to experiment innovative solutions able to meet key societal challenges.
The “DS Lab” of FBK-ICT aims at exploiting the research results to improve quality of life and increase sustainability in cities and other communities of people. DS Lab aims in particular at experimenting new modalities of service delivery to citizens, innovative communication modalities between citizens and government and new forms of collaboration and participation.
The application areas for DS Lab include smart mobility, environment sustainability, on-line services, citizen participation and education. DS Lab is currently involved in several research and innovation projects, in collaboration with other research units of FBK, as well as in product maturation and experimentation activities in the cities and territories of the Province of Trento.
More information about the DS Lab is available at http://www.smartcommunitylab.it
The candidate will work in the scope of the projects of the DS Lab, with the role of Software Architect and Senior Developer. The role requires working to the design and development of the software platforms and applications produced by DS Lab in the scope of its research and innovation projects, in collaboration with the staff of the development lab of the unit.
Typical tasks will include:
- Initial design of new software and extensive software revisions
- Definition of platform/product requirements of high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Monitoring, evaluation, and selection of adequate technologies for the software products
- Coordination of teams of developers and responsibility of development projects and activities
- Participation to the development, quality assurance and operation of the software
The ideal candidate should have:
- M.Sc. in Computer Engineering o Computer Science (or equivalent degrees);
- Solid experience with technologies and middleware solutions for service integration (Enterprise Service Bus, SOAP and REST web services);
- Solid experience in software integration tasks and rapid prototyping;
- Ability in team management, project management, software development management;
- Good communication skills (presenting, persuading and influencing);
- Oral and written proficiency in Italian and English
- Strong experience of development with the server-side technologies and platforms;
- Experience with the technologies adopted by the DS Lab:
- Front-end Web development (Angular, Vue, JS, HTML5)
- Enterprise Java technologies (JEE, Spring)
- Microservice Architecture and related technologies (Spring Boot, Docker, Node.JS)
- SQL (MySQL, Postgress) and NOSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Python and related technologies (Flask, Pandas, Apache Spark, Jupyter)
Type of contract: Fixed term contract
Working hours: full time
Start date: February, 2021
Duration: 2 years
Gross annual salary: from 34.500 € to 39.500 €, depending on candidate’s profile
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy).
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation etc., supplementary pension and health found, training courses, public transport, sports facilities, language courses fees. Further details at https://www.welfarefbk.info/.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by clicking on the bottom "Apply online" in the end of this page. Please make sure that your application contains the following attachments (in pdf format):
- Detailed CV (including relevant past experiences)
- Motivational letter
Application deadline: 19 January, 2021
New Application deadline: 29 January, 2021
Please read our Recruitment Regulations before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.