The scientific activities of the “ARES” unit are focused at developing new energy systems and technologies based on renewable sources, for multi energy generation, particularly for distributed energy applications. The main fields of research are those of concentrated solar power and of hydrogen storage and fuel cells and redox flow batteries.
FBK is one of the most renewed research stakeholders at European level in the small-scale concentrated solar power. It is full member of the European Energy Research Alliance. At the same level in the topic of hydrogen storage technologies, where at EU level is leading member of research grouping HYDROGEN EUROPE within the FCH JU.
The position offered concerns the engineering design, assembly and test of new components and prototypes in the field of renewable energy technologies. The candidate will provide support to ARES in the internal pillar of competences related to engineering and innovative technology prototypes, in both European and local projects mainly related to renewable energy technologies, storages and other flexible energy solution for the decarbonization target.
The activities of the successful candidate will focus on:
- Engineering design of parts, assemblies or products supported by CAD/CAE software (research, feasibility, conceptualization, detailed design);
- Assembly of mechanical components and electrical wiring with the capacity of building prototypes of new technologies;
- Support the validation and testing of components or prototypes in laboratory or pilot-sites;
- Support the definition of control strategies for energy production technologies and energy storage systems (based on the experience of the candidate)
- Basic competences in the development of control systems for test benches and pilot sites (based on the experience of the candidate)
The ideal candidate should have:
- MSc in Mechatronic, Mechanical or other Engineering;
- Know-how on mechanical design and structural mechanics analysis;
- Know-how in electric systems, design of P&ID, definition of integrated engineering layouts;
- Experience in the engineering design of parts, assemblies, or finished products supported where needed by computer-aided design/modelling software (e.g., Solidworks, Ansys, COMSOL Multiphysics);
- Experience in selecting materials appropriate for building mechanical components or prototypes based on specific requirements and constraints;
- Skills in assembling mechanical components and electrical wiring;
- Ability to support the experimental validation of the components and/or prototypes in laboratories or pilot-sites;
- Basic competences in development of controls for test benches and prototypes;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, with a strong commitment to achieve assigned objectives;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks/projects at one time;
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Skills in problem solving;
- Good communication and relational skills;
- Self-motivation and result orientation.
- Furthermore the following elements will be positively evaluated:
- PhD Degree in fields related to this call
- experience in developing control systems (e.g., using Beckhoff TwinCAT) and interfacing different components to PLC devices will be positively evaluated;
- knowledge of electric power systems and distribution grids;
- knowledge or experience in renewable energy technologies or energy storage technologies;
- Ability to write technical reports.
Type of contract: Fixed Term Contract
Gross annual salary: about 34.300 €
Working hours: full time
Start date: March 2019
End date: February 2021
Duration: 2 anni
Workplace: Povo - Trento
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reductions on bank account opening fees, public transportation, sport, language course fees.
More info at https://www.welfarefbk.info/
Candidates are requested to submit their application by clicking on "Apply online" at the bottom of this page. Please make sure to enclose the following documents with your application (pdf format):
- Detailed CV
- Cover Letter (explaining your motivation for this specific position)
- At least 2 professional references (e-mails and/or phone numbers)
Application deadline: 12th February, 2019
New Application deadline: 20th February, 2019
Please read our Regulations on the recruitment and selection of fixed-term personnel (effective from October 15, 2018) before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at email@example.com