The Smart Cities and Communities Lab (SCC Lab) of FBK-ICT aims at exploiting the research results to improve quality of life and increase sustainability in cities and other communities of people. SCC Lab aims in particular at experimenting new modalities of service delivery to citizens, innovative communication modalities between citizens and government and new forms of collaboration and participation.
The application areas for SCC Lab include smart mobility, environment sustainability, on-line services, citizen participation and education. SCC Lab is currently involved in several research and innovation projects, in collaboration with other research units of FBK, as well as in product maturation and experimentation activities in the cities and territories of the Province of Trento.
More information about the SC Unit is available at http://www.smartcommunitylab.it
The candidate will work in the scope of the projects of the SCC Lab, with the role of Developer. The role requires working to the design and development of the software platforms and applications produced by SCC Lab in the scope of its research and innovation projects, in collaboration with the staff of the development lab of the unit.
Typical tasks will include:
- Development of new software components; maintenance and evolution of existing software components and systems
- Collaboration to the design of software components
- Quality assurance and operation of the software
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent degrees),
- Experience in software development, either server-side (preferably with the J2EE platform) or client-side (Web development, App development),
- Oral and written proficiency in English,
- Team work attitude,
- Good communication and relational skills.
- Master Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent degrees),
- Experience with the technologies adopted by the SCC Lab unit for the development of its software platform:
- Mobile app development (Android, iOS, Cordova/Phonegap)
- Entrerprise Java (JEE, Spring)
- Database management (SQL and No-SQL databases, JPA/Hibernate)
- Development tools and technologies (Git, Maven, Gradle, CI)
- Participation in research project / development projects concerning smart cities and communities,
- Problem solving and planning skills.
Type of contract: fixed-term contract, full time.
Gross salary: between 26.300 and 34.300 Euro per year (based on the candidate’s profile)
Duration: around 2 years, starting from January 2019.
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy).
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reductions on bank account opening fees, public transportation, sport, language course fees. More info at https://www.welfarefbk.info/.
Candidates are requested to submit their application by clicking "Apply online" at the bottom of this page.
Please make sure that your application contains the following attachments (pdf format):
- detailed CV including relevant past experiences
- letter of motivation
Application deadline: 10th December, 2018
New Application deadline: 27th December 2018
Please read our Regulations on the recruitment and selection of fixed-term personnel (effective from October 15, 2018) before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.