The Digital Society Center of FBK https://digis.fbk.eu/ is a multidisciplinary group of 100+ researchers and technologists working in different areas related to sustainability and quality of life. DigiS embraces the vision that ICT has the potential to be a key transformational technology to improve sustainability and quality of life. In DigiS, this goal is achieved both by performing advanced research in key areas such as AI, Big Data, IoT, 5G, and by exploiting living labs and partnerships with companies to experiment innovative solutions able to meet key societal challenges.
FBK actively seeks diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is also committed in promoting gender equality.
The “DS Lab” of FBK aims at exploiting the research results to improve quality of life and increase sustainability in cities and other communities of people. DS Lab aims in particular at experimenting new modalities of service delivery to citizens, innovative communication modalities between citizens and government, new forms of collaboration and participation, and new ways to explore and elaborate information.
The application areas for DS Lab include smart mobility, environment sustainability, on-line services, citizen participation and education. DS Lab is currently involved in several research and innovation projects, in strong collaboration with other research units of FBK working on data science, AI, Human-Computer Interaction, as well as in product maturation and experimentation activities in the cities and territories of the Province of Trento.
The candidate will work in the scope of the European project PROTECTOR, which aims to design, develop and deliver novel technologies and solutions to enhance the protection of all places of worship in Europe. Specifically, the activities will aim at developing and integrating the technologies for acquiring, and elaborating and analyzing the different types of data necessary to support the decisions related to the threat protection for those places.
Typical tasks will include:
- Exploring and adopting the technologies for collecting and processing different types of data, including video, unstructured text from social media, etc.;
- Collaboration with the involved research units of the center for the integration and adoption of advanced algorithms for the data analysis;
- Development of the data processing pipelines and visualization tools to support and drive the decision making;
- Quality assurance and operation of the software.
The ideal candidate should have:
- M.Sc. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent degrees);
- Experience with different programming languages such as Python, Java and good knowledge of Linux operating system;
- Good oral and written English;
- Team work attitude;
- Good communication and relational skills.
- Experience with data processing tools and frameworks (e.g., Apache Spark, Jupyter, Pandas);
- Experience with server-side development using Java (Spring), Node.js, or Python;
- Experience with Cloud technologies for service provisioning and management (e.g, Docker, Kubernetes);
- Knowledge of Italian language is a plus.
Type of contract: Fixed term contract
Working hours: full time
Start date: preferably by June, 2021
End date: 31 March, 2023
Gross annual salary: about 26.500 €
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation etc., supplementary pension and health found, training courses, public transport, sports facilities, language courses fees. Further details at https://www.fbk.eu/en/work-with-us/
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by clicking on "Apply online" in the end of this page. Please make sure that your application contains the following attachments (in pdf format):
- Detailed CV
- Motivational letter
Application deadline: 19th May, 2021
Please read our Recruitment Regulations before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at email@example.com.