FBK is a private research foundation devoted to excellence in research in numerous disciplines, including Information Technology, Materials and Microsystems, Theoretical Physics, Mathematics, Italian-Germanic historical studies, Religious studies and International Relations. Each research area is assigned to one of the FBK research centers. Information regarding the research centers, their activities and production is available at https://www.fbk.eu/en/research-centers/.
The position is opened by the Software Engineering Research Unit (SE) (https://se.fbk.eu/), part of the Digital Industry Center. The SE unit focuses primarily on (1) requirements engineering and (2) code analysis and testing. In the first area, the scientific challenges deal with the explicit representation of autonomic behaviors (e.g., self-adaptive systems), the normative constraints and requirements engineering for distributed software development. In the area of software testing, the challenge is to automate the generation of the test cases, the detection of faults, their localization in the code and the application of counter-measures.
FBK actively seeks diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is also committed to promoting gender equality.
The candidate will work in the scope of the projects of the SE unit, with the role of Developer. This role requires contributing to the design, development, integration, verification, and testing of software components in the context of various research and innovation projects including: Intelligent multi-agent based verification approaches for Extended Reality systems (e.g., games and augmented reality platforms); generative AI for the automated generation of software tests; Search based software testing; testing of railway interlocking systems
Typical tasks will include:
- Development, maintenance and evolution of existing software components and new software components independently
- Collaboration in the testing phase of software components according to the requirements of the standards of interest
- Analysis and evaluation of the quality and functioning of the software
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics (or equivalent degrees)
- Experience in software development, development tools and technologies (e.g., Eclipse, IntelliJ, VS Code, Git, Maven, Gradle)
- Good programming skills in at least one programming language among C, Python, or Java;
- Oral and written proficiency in English
Furthermore, the following elements will be positively evaluated:
- Master in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics (or equivalent degrees);
- Knowledge in software testing and formal methods
- Problem solving and planning skills
- Accuracy, flexibility, proactivity, and goal-oriented attitude.
Type of contract: fixed-term contract
Working hours: part-time or full time (negotiable, depending on candidate’s availability)
Start date: January / February 2024
Duration: 12 months (with possibility to extend the contract)
Gross annual salary for a full time position: 27.800€
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., free training courses, reductions on bank account opening fees, public transportation, sport, language course fees. More info at https://www.welfarefbk.info/.
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy)
Candidates are required to submit their applications by clicking on the "Apply online" button at the bottom of the call (published on https://jobs.fbk.eu/), filling in the online form and including the following attachments (.pdf format):
- detailed CV
- letter of motivation.
Application deadline: 04 December 2023
Please read our Recruitment Regulations before completing your application. For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who pass the preliminary curricular screening will be contacted shortly afterwards for an interview.
Non-selected applicants will be notified of their exclusion at the end of the selection process. Please note that FBK may contact shortlisted candidates within a period of 12 months, for the selection processes of similar vacancies.
For reasons of professional transparency, the name of the successful candidate and the names of suitable candidates will be published on the FBK website.