The position is opened by the Embedded Systems Research Unit (ES Unit) of the Digital Industry Center of FBK. The ES Unit consists of about 30 people, including researchers, post-docs, PhD students, Master Students, and programmers. The Unit carries out basic and applied research, tool development and technology transfer in the field of formal methods and model-based design for complex embedded systems.
Projects related to the call
The activities will be part of the AIPlan4EU project and will focus on one or more of the following topics:
- Automated Planning for space applications such as robotic exploration and satellite autonomy
- Automated Planning for the development of deliberation capabilities for state-of-the-art autonomous underwater vehicles
- Design and development of high-level APIs for Automated Temporal Planning
The activity will start with the analysis of the business and innovation requirements of important companies in the sector interested in the application of planning and scheduling techniques. Following these requirements, the selected candidate will help the AIPlan4EU consortium to design and prototype a general-purpose API for a plethora of diverse planners and she/he will help in the development of pilot use-cases of the newly developed system on two application domains, namely space exploration and subsea robotics. Moreover, the call winner will help in the integration of the new planning system in the European AI on-demand platform (www.aiplan4eu.eu). The selected candidate is expected to take part in project meetings and to actively help the FBK planning and scheduling team to achieve the project goals.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Electronic Engineering or related field;
- Some knowledge of artificial intelligence, planning or formal methods;
- Good programming capabilities in at least one programming language between C/C++, Python or Java;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and deliver in research and/or industrial projects;
- Accuracy, flexibility, proactivity, and goal orientation attitude;
- Oral and written proficiency in English.
- Background in mathematical logic
- Background in AI planning
- Background in Scheduling
- Background in software engineering
Type of contract: Fixed term contract
Working hours: full time
Start date: March, 2021
Duration: 1 year (with the possibility to extend the contract depending on funding)
Gross annual salary: about 26.500 €
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy).
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation etc., supplementary pension and health fund, training courses, public transport, sports facilities, language course fees. Further details at www.welfarefbk.info.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by clicking on the bottom "Apply online" in the end of this page. Please make sure that your application includes the following attachments (in pdf format):
- Detailed CV
- Motivation letter
Application deadline: 19 January, 2021
New Application deadline: 29 January, 2021
Please read our Recruitment Regulations before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at email@example.com.