The Digital Society Center of FBK (DigiS – https://digis.fbk.eu/) is a multidisciplinary group of 100+ researchers and technologists working in different areas related to sustainability and quality of life. DigiS embraces the vision that ICT has the potential to be a key transformational technology to improve sustainability and quality of life. In DigiS, this goal is achieved both by performing advanced research in key areas such as AI, Big Data, IoT, 5G, and by exploiting living labs and partnerships with companies to experiment innovative solutions able to meet key societal challenges.
FBK actively seeks diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is also committed in promoting gender equality.
The “DS Lab” of FBK aims at exploiting the research results to improve quality of life and increase sustainability in cities and other communities of people. DS Lab aims in particular at experimenting new modalities of service delivery to citizens, innovative communication modalities between citizens and government, new forms of collaboration and participation, and new ways to explore and elaborate information.
The application areas for DS Lab include smart mobility, environment sustainability, on-line services, citizen participation and education. DS Lab is currently involved in several research and innovation projects, in strong collaboration with other research units of FBK working on data science, AI, Human-Computer Interaction, as well as in product maturation and experimentation activities in the cities and territories of the Province of Trento.
More information about the DS Lab and Digital Society Center is available at https://digis.fbk.eu/
The candidate will work in the scope of the innovation and R&D projects of the DS Lab, with the role of Software Developer. The role requires working to the development of the software platform and applications produced by DS Lab in the scope of its research and innovation projects, elaborating data and implementing new algorithms and solutions in collaboration with the research groups of the Center. To achieve this, the members of the Lab work extensively with the modern software architectures and frameworks, including microservices and Cloud-Native applications, containerization and orchestration solutions (e.g., Kubernetes), Big Data processing platforms (e.g., Aparche Spark and Databricks), IoT platforms and Serverless technologies.
Typical tasks will include:
- Exploring and experimenting with the open source software and Cloud solutions to address the problems of data management and processing.
- Development of new software components; maintenance and evolution of existing software components and systems.
- Collaboration to the design of software components.
- Quality assurance and operation of the software
The ideal candidate should have:
- M.Sc. in Computer Engineering o Computer Science (or equivalent degrees);
- Solid experience of development with the server-side technologies and platforms;
- Experience with data science and data processing algorithms;
- Oral and written proficiency in Italian and English;
- Team work attitude;
- Good communication and relational skills
- Experience with the technologies adopted by the DS Lab:
- Front-end Web development (Angular, Vue, JS, HTML5)
- Enterprise Java technologies (JEE, Spring)
- Microservice Architecture and related technologies (Spring Boot, Docker, Node.JS)
- SQL (MySQL, Postgress) and NOSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Python data science packages (Flask, Pandas, Apache Spark, Jupyter)
Type of contract: Fixed term contract
Working hours: full time
Start date: June, 2021
Duration: 2 years
Gross annual salary: about 34.500 €
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy).
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation etc., supplementary pension and health found, training courses, public transport, sports facilities, language courses fees. Further details at https://www.welfarefbk.info/
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by clicking on "Apply online" in the end of this page. Please make sure that your application contains the following attachments (in pdf format):
- Detailed CV
- Motivational letter
Application deadline: 12 May, 2021
Please read our Recruitment Regulations before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.