|The Bruno Kessler Foundation (FBK) conducts research activities in Information Technology, Materials and Microsystems, Theoretical Physics, Mathematics, Italian-Germanic historical studies, Religious studies and International Relations. Through its network, it also develops research in the fields of international relationships, conflict causes and effects, European economic institutions, behavioral economics and evaluative assessment of public policies.
The FBK Center for ICT focuses research on key areas of Information Technology with the aim to produce added value for the market, cultural growth, and social welfare. Our research aims to push innovation through the construction of a networked system that involves companies, other research institutions, universities, public bodies, and end-users. FBK ICT research activities focus on three main areas: Engineering, Content, and Interaction. More information about ICT is available at http://ict.fbk.eu.
The Smart Networks and Services (SENSE - https://ict.fbk.eu/units/smart-networks-and-services/) research unit of FBK-ICT is focusing its research on the design, analysis, and development of smart software-centric and programmable network solutions with a clear emphasis on edge computing, 5G/6G networks, and human-driven networking. SENSE applies the results of its research in different application domains, among them Connected, Cooperative, Automated Mobility: in this context, the SENSE unit is coordinating the flagship European project 5G-Carmen (https://5gcarmen.eu/).
The SENSE unit is seeking a Researcher to advance the group vision on 5G systems. The successful applicant will contribute to the 5G Initiatives at the ICT center of ICT-FBK.
- Perform research in the target areas of SENSE Unit (5G, software-defined mobile networking, network and service orchestration, network slicing, AI-driven network optimization, self-organizing networks, multi-access edge computing);
- Synthesize wireless systems combining novel design elements in hardware and software;
- Coordinate and manage research teams and activities;
- Support the unit in the acquisition of new funding;
- Support the unit in the execution of research and industrial projects.
The Ideal Candidate should have
- PhD Degree in Computer/Network/Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines (or equivalent post-master experience in research);
- Research experience/track record in the field of SDN/NFV and multi-access edge Computing for 5G networks;
- Experience and working knowledge in cellular communication technologies and standards (3GPP/ETSI), including communication protocols and systems analysis;
- Time management, planning, and development skills;
- Accuracy, flexibility, proactivity, and goal orientation;
- Teamwork approach, good communication and relational skills.
- Experience on Artificial Intelligence / Machine learning;
- Software development experience with the following languages: C/C++, Python;
- Linux system administration skills;
- Experience with the Click Modular Router.
Type of contract: Fixed term contract, 2nd research profile CCPL
Duration: 3 years (with possibility to extend the contract depending on funding)
Start date: October 2020
Gross salary per year: about € 39.500 to € 50.000 depending on background and expertise in the field. Each year, based on the resources available to the Foundation, and according to the
methods, criteria and procedures in force, a performance bonus may be granted.
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security (SANIFONDS), family work balance, free training courses, support on bank account opening, public transportation, sport, language course fees. More info at https://www.welfarefbk.info/.
Work place: Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Povo, Trento (Italy)
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by completing the online form
(https://hr.fbk.eu/en/jobs). Please make sure that your application contains the following attachments (in pdf format):
- detailed CV including a list of publications
- statement of research interests (and optionally up to 3 reference letters)
Application deadline: the 7th of October, 2020
The new application deadline: the 21st October, 2020
Please read our Regulations on the recruitment and selection of fixed-term personnel (effective from October 15, 2018) before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.