IRIS Research Unit carries out R&D activities on advanced radiation and image sensors fabricated within both full custom and standard CMOS technologies. The main research activities of the group are on the design and characterization of silicon radiation detectors, single-photon sensors and advanced image sensors.
More information about IRIS is available at http://iris.fbk.eu
The successful candidate will work primarily on the development of highly innovative CMOS sensors targeting specialty image sensors with single-photon detection and/or embedded processing capabilities.
The candidate, although with a strong focus on the mixed-signal integrated circuit design, is expected to participate to the entire development flow in a cooperative and structured team, starting from the modeling of the detector to the definition of the sensor architecture, from the design and simulations of the circuit schematics to the chip layout, and finally taking care of the electrical and functional characterization of the fabricated devices up to the module level.
These activities will be carried out in the framework of private cooperations with companies and institutions in the context of integrated circuits for sensing, imaging and single-photon detection. The activity will be carried out in collaboration with other researchers involved in the relative projects. Finally, the candidate is requested to actively contribute to the scientific dissemination of the group.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Master degree in Electronics or Physics;
- Solid background on microelectronics and IC design;
- Background on image sensors design;
- Good skills on IC design tools (Cadence and/or Mentor Graphics);
- Good scientific background and ability to write scientific papers;
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written);
- Effective teamwork attitude;
- Capability of independently carrying out assigned tasks;
- Enthusiastic attitude to research activity.
- PhD in Electronics, Physics or related fields or equivalent 3yrs research experience;
- Experience in device physics/simulation;
- Experience on functional test of image sensors;
- Experience in IC digital design, VHDL, FPGA;
- Good skills on LabView and/or Matlab, C++;
- Scientific publications relevant to the field of image sensors;
- Visiting scholarship or experience at international level.
Type of contract: fixed term contract
Working hours: full time
Gross annual salary: from about € 34.500 to € 39.500, depending on the background of the selected candidate
Start date: preferably March 2020
Duration: 3 years
Workplace: Povo, Trento (Italy)
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, public transport, sports facilities, accommodation.
More info at https://www.welfarefbk.info/
Candidates are requested to submit their application by clicking on “Apply Online” at the bottom of this page. Please make sure that your application contains the following attached (pdf.format):
- detailed CV and list of relevant scientific publications
- letter of motivation
Application deadline 25th February, 2020
Please read our Regulations on he recruitment and selection of fixed-term personnel (effective from October 15, 2018) before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at firstname.lastname@example.org