The Centre for Information Technology – ICT of FBK (http://ict.fbk.eu) focuses upon high quality research in the fields Cognitive computing, Big Data Analytics and Adaptable, Reliable and Secure Systems. The ICT centre specific mission is not only to conduct excellent research, but also to apply research results in concrete applications able to create impact on the local territory and to improve the quality of life of its citizens. The ICT centre accomplishes this through a series of High Impact Initiatives that work in high-interest areas such as Smart Communities and Health & Well Being.
FBK has established the Project Management Group in 2013 to assist its ICT units with all of their project management needs. The PMG works across ICT units and administrative offices assisting and managing ICT-related projects and providing guidance and support to maximize efficiency, optimize results and reduce costs. The purpose of the PMG is to provide a unified approach for defining, managing, reporting and supporting the project management practices for the ICT units. The goal of the PMG is to build and maintain transparent, predictable, and repeatable project management processes to collaborate with ICT units.
More information about the Project Management Group is available at http://pmg.fbk.eu
The candidate will work in the scope of the projects of the PMG as a Project Manager. The role requires working in collaboration with the other members of the PMG and ICT researchers to manage all the phases of the project lifecycle: project initiation, project execution, project monitoring and controlling and project closing. Project acquisition will play major role, with a significant amount of time spent finding new project opportunities, writing proposals and building consortia.
Typical tasks will include:
- Technical and administrative management of research projects, innovation projects and internal projects.
- Managing relations with local and international stakeholder within the scope of PMG research and innovation projects.
- Supporting FBK participation in research and innovation programmes: analysis of the calls, identification of opportunities for FBK, support in consortium building, support in proposal preparation.
- Writing proposals for local, national and international research and innovation projects.
Examples of typical funding programmes for FBK include: Horizon 2020, Interreg, DG Home, DG Justice, KIC/EIT, Urban Innovative Action, Euregio, FESR, Legge 6.
- M.Sc. (or equivalent degrees), awarded by an Italian university or a title obtained abroad which has been recognized as equivalent to the Italian degree,
- 3 or more years of experience in participation to research projects, preferably in the Smart Cities and Communities and e-government domains; proven track record in the management and coordination of projects, project working groups and work packages,
- Proven experience in writing research proposals with a particular focus on EU funded programmes such as the H2020 framework programme, European Territorial Co-operation, Urban Innovative Action,
- Good organizational and problem solving skills (planning, scheduling, managing resources, meeting deadlines),
- Good communication skills (presenting, persuading and influencing),
- Flexibility, ability to achieve goals in a rapidly changing environment,
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (C1).
- A PhD title awarded by an Italian or foreign university, or an equivalent qualification obtained abroad,
- A background in research and a good knowledge of the research process,
- A general knowledge of administrative procedures within EU projects,
- PMP certification awarded by the Project Management Institute.
Type of contract: fixed-term contract (full time)
Gross salary: from 34.300 € to € 39.300, depending on background and expertise of the candidate
Each year, based on the resources available to the Foundation, and according to the methods, criteria and procedures in force, a performance bonus may be granted.
Start date: February 2019
Duration: 24 months
Work Location: Povo, Trento.
Benefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reductions on bank account opening fees, public transportation, sport, language course fees. More info at https://www.welfarefbk.info/.
Candidate are requested to submit their application trough the online form by clicking on “Apply online” at the bottom of this page. Please make sure that your application contains:
- detailed CV including relevant past experiences (as an attached document in PDF format);
- Cover Letter (explaining your motivation for this specific position).
Application deadline: 6th December, 2018
New application deadline: 21st December, 2018
Please read our Regulations on the recruitment and selection of fixed-term personnel (effective from October 15, 2018) before completing your application.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Services at email@example.com.